So, I made a little Excel program, that shows the basics of: How a System Works…
You can watch the 12-minute video demo of it, here!
(Prolly easier to understand me talking on it, if you have Closed Captions on, in YouTube)
Then you can play around with it (The Systematizer Excel program) yourself;
…you can download it from: here. (Or, click the image below)
(As the video notes – Remember also, to click `Enable Content’, to enable the macros within the Worksheet.)
And, there are more posts on Systems Theory, here: (er… if you like that kind of thing?)
On Systems Theory and Evolution
- StoryAlity #70 – Key Concepts in Systems Theory, Cybernetics & Evolution
- StoryAlity #70B – The Systems View of Life: A Unifying Vision (Capra & Luisi 2014)
- StoryAlity #70C – Systems Philosophy (Laszlo 1972)
- StoryAlity #70C2 – General Systems Theory: Problems, Perspectives, Practice (Skyttner 2005)
- StoryAlity #70D – The Evolving Self (Csikszentmihalyi 1993)
- StoryAlity #70E – On Human Nature – and Evolutionary Psychology (as: systems)
- StoryAlity#140 – The Evolution of the Systems Model of Creativity (Csikszentmihalyi 1988-onwards)
- StoryAlity #152 – `The Holon/Parton Structure of the Meme, or The Unit of Culture’. In the book, Advanced Methodologies and Technologies in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Simulation, and Human-Computer Interaction (2019)
So anyway, maybe download the Excel program (The Systematizer). And – have a play around with it!
Hopefully, it’s very helpful, in understanding Systems (…What they are, & How they work, & Why)…
…and, thus also Systems Theory, Systems Philosophy, Systems Thinking, and Systems Science! (Yay!)
Omg, I heart diagrams… Here’s another one.
And, hey; if you liked this post – you might even like:
StoryAlity #142 – Our StoryAlity so far – Random Technological Marvels
And… as always –
Thanks for reading~!!!
Comments always welcome.
JT Velikovsky, PhD – High-RoI Story / Screenplay / Movie & Transmedia Researcher
& Human & Computer Creativity Researcher
& Evolutionary Systems Analyst
& Evolutionary Culturologist
& Evolutionary Creativity Guy
This post emerges from research in my 2016 doctoral thesis: “Communication, Creativity and Consilience in Cinema”. It is reproduced here for the benefit of fellow bio-cultural scholars, and screenwriting, filmmaking and creativity researchers.
For more, see also https://aftrs.academia.edu/JTVelikovsky
JT Velikovsky is a million-selling Transmedia writer-director-producer and game designer & writer. He has also been a professional Story Analyst for major movie studios, film funding organizations, and also for the national writer’s guild. He is also a judge for the writers guild and the director’s guild.
For more, see also the Transmedia-Writing weblog: http://on-writering.blogspot.com/
Velikovsky, J.T. (2019) “The Holon/Parton Structure of the Meme, or The Unit of Culture.” In Advanced Methodologies and Technologies in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Simulation, and Human-Computer Interaction, edited by D.B.A Mehdi Khosrow-Pour. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.