StoryAlity Videos page:
Below are links to various online videos that are related to Creativity, and Practice Theory Narratology.
(For more on Practice Theory Narratology, see: https://storyality.wordpress.com/practice-theory-narratology/)
TED Talk – Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi on: Creativity, and flow – the secret to happiness (2004)
Csikszentmihalyi talks about Creativity, and the flow state. (20 mins)
Theresa Amabile on Creativity and Motivation
The Four C’s of creativity (Kaufman & Beghetto)
StoryAlity #145 – Five views of the monomyth (Velikovsky 2017)
StoryAlity #100 – The Holon-Parton Structure of the Meme – the Unit of Culture (Velikovsky 2013, 2014, 2016)
- StoryAlity #6 – What is Creativity and How Does It Work?
- StoryAlity #6B – Flow Theory, Creativity and Happiness
- StoryAlity #7 – On “the 10-Year Rule” and Creativity
- StoryAlity #8 – More on the 10-Year Rule” and Creativity
- StoryAlity #8B – On the 10-year-rule and creativity in Standup Comedy
- StoryAlity #9 – How To Be More Creative
- StoryAlity #9B – Creativity in Science (and – The Arts, and Film)
- StoryAlity #10 – About The Creative Personality
- StoryAlity #11 – Wallas and the Creative Process
- StoryAlity #12 – Combining Practice Theory – and the Systems Model of Creativity
- StoryAlity #13- Creativity and Solved Domain Problems
- StoryAlity #13B – Creativity, Cinema, Stanley Kubrick & Genius
- StoryAlity #14 – On some Romantic myths of Creativity
- StoryAlity #14B – Creativity – the missing link between “The Two Cultures”
- StoryAlity #14C – Two Crucial American Psychological Association speeches: J P Guilford (1950) and D T Campbell (1975).
- StoryAlity #141 – The StoryAlity-Theory `Robo-Raconteur’ artificial-writer
Everything Is A Remix (10 mins)
Great documentary on Creativity – from Documentary.net. http://documentary.net/everything-is-a-remix-part-3-creativity/
And – the whole doco:
See also, my article on how creativity is a result of the evolutionary algorithm. Exactly the same thing as the above video, basically. But – simpler!
Keith Sawyer: The Creative Power of Collaboration (7 mins)
Introduction to Memetics – by Susan Blackmore (3 mins)
A condensed version of Susan Blackmore’s talk on memetics at the February 2008 TED conference.
Richard Dawkins on memetics (1 min)
Nico Baken on Holons and Holarchies (TEDxAmsterdam talk, 8 mins)
Professor Nico Baken talks about holons.
Pierre Bourdieu – an Introduction (by Kari Alexander, 10 mins)
Practice Theory Narratology (https://storyality.wordpress.com/practice-theory-narratology/) combines Bourdieu’s practice theory – with Csikszentmihalyi’s systems model of creativity – and, Narratology – to explain why some movies, novels, songs are more viral than others. This video is an introduction to some of Bourdieu’s theories.
Flemming Funch gives a seminar on The Art of Not Doing. (30 mins)
Richard Feynman on Thinking:
(see from: the 1 min 50 sec mark, on, How: everyone probably conceptualizes, very differently)
Alan Watts: A Game That’s Worth The Candle (5 mins)
(Note: The video starts at the 5 mins mark, as that’s the most relevant section)
Keith Sawyer – On Group Genius
Keith Sawyer explains two of the key ideas in his book Group Genius.
High-RoI Story/Screenplay/Movie and Transmedia Researcher
The above is (mostly) an adapted excerpt, from my doctoral thesis: “Communication, Creativity and Consilience in Cinema”. It is presented here for the benefit of fellow screenwriting, filmmaking and creativity researchers. For more, see https://aftrs.academia.edu/JTVelikovsky
JT Velikovsky is also a produced feature film screenwriter and million-selling transmedia writer-director-producer. He has been a professional story analyst for major film studios, film funding organizations, and for the national writer’s guild. For more see: http://on-writering.blogspot.com/